5.03.2009

Downtown Panorama: View from Bay Village

As neighborhoods go, Boston's Bay Village is an incredibly well kept secret. Nestled between the Boston Public Gardens and I-90, the streets of Bay Village offer the quaintness and old-world feel of Beacon Hill and the North End, minus the foot-traffic of meandering tourists.

The real jewel of Bay Village however is found on its buildings' roofs, not outside their front doors. My friends Pete and Sarah are two Bay Village residents who experience this on almost a daily basis. Yesterday morning I got out on their roof deck to capture the view they enjoy.

The photo above was taken at about 10:30am. Though it was an overcast morning, I was quite happy with the results. Please click on the image and larger version will open up in a new tab. The detail is really remarkable.

If you have a great view from your home/apartment in Boston and want it photographed, send me an email.

No comments: